Modlily - Not selling what they advertise! Rip Off

65 of 1171 Modlily reviews

If you are reading these reviews before ordering you are smarter than I was.I have ordered many nice thing from Zulily and they stand behind what they sell.

I ordered a solid color layered dress from ModLily and got one that was kind of the same style but the underdress was a totally different color and fabric. When I contacted them they said they would give me a partial refund if I returned it. Why do they think I am supposed to pay all the shipping both ways for their mistake? I contacted Paypal and explained the problem to them since I paid through them just for protection against this type of seller.

They suggested I escalate it from a inquiry to a case, which I did. They said I would get a refund if I returned it with tracking at my expense. It wasn't shipped to me with tracking but I understand any seller this dishonest would deny receiving it back unless you have trackable shipping. I then called my credit card company and explained to them that what I received did not match what I ordered and that I had offered (unsuccessfully) to return it at the seller's expense.

The credit card company checked it out and returned all my money to me. Anyone want an ugly dress cheap - you can find this one at Salvation Army.

PS Once I contacted them about the dress I realized they deleted the order from my onsite account so I couldn't leave a review there.Really sleezy!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • That they did not deliver what they advertised

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Modlily Dress
Review category
Footwear and Clothing
review #982762 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Modlily? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
65 of 1171 Modlily reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.