I purchased a CASHMERE sweater from Modlily.A week later, I received a cheap cotton knit sweatshirt.

When I complained and sent pictures I was told, "our price is so cheap so it's not perfect." The quality is poor (the sleeves are not finished properly), but that wasn't my complaint. It was deceptive advertising. You cannot advertise a "CASHMERE" sweater and sell cotton, regardless of the price! Then they offered me a 20% refund.

NO! I want a full refund or the actual product I ordered!

We have emailed back and forth for a week and I am about to file a complaint with my credit card company.This is fraud no matter how you look at it.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Review category
Footwear and Clothing
review #732667 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Modlily? Submit review ›
Helpful? 9 Yes 9 4 No 4
Had the same issue 5 Yes 5
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 26, 2015 #1084172

I had a similar experience in a different website. Bought a nice looking loose fitting sweater with a big cowel, thick looking material and a fuzzy inside. I got a tshirt thin sweater that had unfinished strings all over it and it was about 2 sizes too small for a "one size fits most" and I can fit XS/S!! And the cowel sucked. Watch websites that sell merchandise extremely cheep, especially with heavy use of Asian models. Usually means its coming from an Asian country, likely to be china, and that its probably cheap and smaller than usual, because of their smaller build.

Dec 23, 2015 #1082848

No one offers quality product any more and they will tell you what ever they have to to get your money its sad. I'm sorry this happened to you

Dec 09, 2015 #1076104

This merchandise is awful please don't took 8 weeks and my entire order is a cheap mess.And you can't contact them to return anything.I think this is a rip off and a scam.merchandise is cheap very cheap I am pissed off.

Nov 29, 2015 #1071310

Yeah! I ordered a purse last year for twelve dollars and they have me the run around and I just thank God it wasn't a substantial amount of money. I couldn't ever get in touch with anyone very frustrating!

Nov 21, 2015 #1067525 Cary, North Carolina

I have considered ordering from this company... now I think I will pass... that is a gorgeous cashmere sweater in the pic and that is a cheap looking piece of trash they sent you. Cheap cotton! That is deceptive advertising. They should refund your money in full and stop advertising cashmere sweaters if all they send are cheap, tattered cotton shirts!

Nov 15, 2015 #1064237 Arlington, Texas

I order the same this and got the same thing....I paid for mine on my paypal so i'm going to dispute it and since I did not get what I order......

Nov 16, 2015 #1064787 Newark, Delaware

Me too
. I want to return this cheap ***

Nov 12, 2015 #1062851

I am going through the exact same thing!!! This is TOTALLY RIDICULOUS!!!

Dec 23, 2015 #1082863

I contacted my CC company and filed a fraud claim. I was able to get my money back from my CC company.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.