DO NOT EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM Modlily. They listed a sweatshirt on their website for $90 original price as being on sale for $15. I thought it looked really warm in pictures with really thick fur on the hood and the impression that the jacket has some sort of insulation on the inside to be worn outside during chilly weather: http://www.modlily.com/korean-corduroy-neck-long-sleeve-zipper-cotton-hoodies-grey-g78892.html. I assumed that with its original price being $90, the jacket will be great quality. And the sale price was great too so I bought it. When it arrived I saw that it was a really cheap looking sweatshirt not for cold temperatures and the fur on the hood looked sparse and shabby. I wanted to return it and they have the most awful unhelpful customer service. They basically refused to accept my return of the item. This is my correspondence with them:
Customer Support At :09/16/2015 18:54:31 PM
Please consider the low price of the items. And sometimes customers have quite high expectation. We have been trying best to offer the best quality at this price. Hope you understand that.
Adminstrator At :09/17/2015 09:25:14 AM
Ok, could you tell me the details?
we are so sorry about this,could you take a photo for us to look?
and we will help you to solve the problem.
email@example.com At :09/17/2015 19:31:32 PM
The fur on the hood looks really sparse and shabby. Also, the jacket has no fur on the inside, no extra insulation for warmth whatsoever and is really thin and not good for colder weather. I will take a picture when I get home from work.
firstname.lastname@example.org At :09/18/2015 05:21:04 AM
Here are the images.
Adminstrator At :09/18/2015 14:23:52 PM
thanks for sending photos. we have sent correct items, and there maybe slight difference, pls understand.
email@example.com At :09/18/2015 21:07:36 PM
I'm not disputing the fact that you have sent the correct item. I'm telling you that I'm EXTREMELY UNHAPPY with the quality of the item. I asked for it to be returned and your unhelpful customer service (to put it mildly) has just added another reason to my dissatisfaction with the way you do your business. It's false advertising to list the original price of the jacket at $90 dollars (that's the price that was listed when I bought it. It seems to be changing a lot every day). You are making people think that they are getting quality things at a reduced price only to discover that the thing they bought isn't even worth the little money they paid for it. I would have gladly paid more for a nice looking warm jacket, if I could be assured that I would get exactly what I paid for. What I got from you is a piece of trash that I wouldn't want for free if it was offered to me. I'm asking you one more time to take it back and to return my money. Otherwise, I'm never shopping with you ever again and will warn all my friends and family about you, as well as leave bad reviews everywhere I can.
Adminstrator At :09/19/2015 10:09:06 AM
i apologize for u and how about we send you 20% compensation?
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Free shipping was nice
What I disliked
- Return system and misrepresentation of dress advertised
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service, Bad quality, Pricing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "If you're considering shopping on Modlily, DON'T! I've never been so frustrated and unimpressed with an online clothing site. The skirt I ordered was pictured online as a thick cotton..."
- "I should have know better, but I didn't realize it was coming from china, my husband and I are renewing our vows on valentines day which is our anniversary. I..."
- "Please be advised this Merchant has not proved to be cooperative with my requests and their company policies. I have made 9 attempts via email to resolve matters with the Merchant..."
- "I was traveling in the US (I'm from Brazil) and decided to buy a gift for my father. I went to Lord and Taylor in Boston and bought a Ralph..."
- "I was a client of Boston Financial Associates LLC, for over 5 years as you can see from the invoice I posted. Michael Edwards was very dishonest tax preparer, at..."
- "I ordered flowers for a friend's birthday. Called and asked if I was talking to the actual florist. The woman told me yes, she was in the "back" room. I..."
- "I took my daughter and 3 of her friends to Sky Zone in Florence, AL. Before I attempted the Warrior Course, I asked the girl that was working the section..."
- "Ordered over $100 worth of items on 11/27. Emailed them 3 times now at various email addresses to no avail. Nothing comes back undeliverable so the emails are valid. I..."
- "IHole in One International had such bad reviews BBB Bad reviews many of them I considered doing work with hole in one international and looked into their background and i..."