7.3K views
Featured Not resolved

I ordered a dress that I thought was beautiful on the modlily.com.I received a dress from modlily.com and it was hideous.

It was made of poor quality and looked nothing like the dress on the website as shown in the attached photo. This website is very misleading. After contacting the company by email they told me that I had to pay shipping but I may as well keep it because of the amount of the fees. Do not purchase anything from this company it is a rip off.

They knew this dress looked nothing like the picture.Thank you

This person wrote the review because of bad quality at Modlily and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $39 and wants Modlily to issue a full refund.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Modlily dress for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Omg..that's the scam people.

This dress is the most hideous thibg i have seen. You look great in this p.o.s dress, u would look good wearing a curtain lol. (That's a compliment) but the point is about their dress and their scams! How dare they do this to us hard working people!

They know what They are doing, they false advertise clothing items etc and yet they know it doesn't pay to ship this crap back so in hindsight they just made free money! I know alot of consumer companies and also a head of one that will eventually get this site shut down. I'm sending this review to her..(she's and our lawyer handles this type of online fraudulaunt scams. Many times these companies hear random people claiming they will sue, get their lawyer, etc.

But they know many people are mad etc and aren't going to actually pay a lawyer to handle something that's overseas and yet they also think whatever they do they can't get shut down. Boy...are they wrong! This has been happening more and more as the years go by and yes, what a surprise I have in store for these scam artists! Lawyers are, Will, and can do alot more than they think especially ones that specialize in this background!

Keep the reviews coming ladies.... I need these to show (always helps)..

ill keep everyone updated.U will at least get all your money back and hopefully see them shut down for good!

Spring, Texas, United States #1315814

If i ever buy on a Chinese website i always pay the few extra bucks to insure the shipping to the US.I have had to use the insurance for my order that never showed up or was damaged more then once.

Granada Hills, California, United States #1310714

Same thing with me... Different material than posted two toned dress when the one on the picture was one tone. Size did not fit and I ordered a larger size because it can always be taken in.

psutter

I ordered and paid, it never came. Contacted them several times finally they responded to wait a little longer. Well, it never came and they would not return my money.

hahahahah

my daughter had a similar experience when she picked her prom dress, fortunately she got creative and modified the dress herself, or else we would have been slightly stuck.

its a shame about the dress, but you have a beautiful figure. best of luck

Same dress my daughter ordered but it was short. There wasnt even enough material to cover her *** and they are small, and that thing they call lace was not lace and the netting was so cheap, i think a hair net was probably better than what they used. They are a rip off.

if you paid via credit card just call your credit card company and file a complaint. They will reverse the charges On the merchant.

LOL holy *** that is horrible. sorry girl, i had a simliar experience with nastydress.com

I haven't even joined and read your review; it got a loud chuckle from me.You're right, it really isn't the dress photographed.

So can you expose that seller?P1

Wow!

You're right, the dress on the left is beautiful and the one on the right is not at all.

Vallejo, California, United States #1083230

I like the one you got. It helps tuck in your belly. Plus, it looks like you have 2 paper plates in the to microwave your donuts.

to kuei #1097746

Well that was totally uncalled for bitchiness.

to kuei Spring, Texas, United States #1315816

So true So true! I think Dress Lily is the better Chinese website.

BAHAHAHAHAH

OH WOW

THANKS.

I am a single mother and cant waste my money and time shopping on sites like this. so I really appreciate it.

SAMMY DRESS ROSEGAL AND MODLILY ARE the same company as if no one has figured that out yet .

Lol omfg that's horrible!! So sorry this happened to you but those circles are just terrible but hilarious looking

Omg!That's horrible!

Looks like nursing pads sewn into yours!Thanks for the information, since my Tradsey ordeal, I've been coming here checking out companies before I buy.

to Anonymous #1145334

I order 1-2 pieces per week from Wish.com, never a problem, and if there is they put money back in your account, much cheaper for same clothes, but you have to order 2-3 sizes up, and read reviews on each item

to Anonymous Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States #1255807

Well that's strange because I have read many many reviews about their website and people are not getting what they ordered and they're tracking number is no good when they try to trace where it is. Customer service is almost non-existent and when you get the clothes they are not made out of good material and may be a completely different color and it says so on their website. I have a feeling that you either work for them or you're one lucky person because the thousands of people have complained.

to Anonymous Toledo, Ohio, United States #1267407

I order from wish all the time as well.It takes a while to recieve your items, but I've only had an issue with one item.

Sent them a picture and 4 hours later got my money back and was told to keep the product anyways for the inconvenience.

Another time, I ordered pants, and they said it was taking longer than expected to be delivered. I said that was fine, I didn't mind the wait so they said give it 5 more days and if nothing goes contact them. I contacted them stating I was to to contact them.

They gave me my money right back and said if the pants came to keep them for the inconvenience.

The pants came, never paid for them and they are my favorite pants I own.

You just have to read reviews and order smart and be polite to customer service when you speak to them....all things you should do no matter what.