Lancaster, England
6.9K views
100% full Not resolved
4.8

I ordered and paid for a dress from Modlily. I expected a silky/satin well made champagne coloured dress (see first photo). What actually arrived was a rough see through material that was the shade and texture of dark tan old ladies tights. Not only that it really smelled awful! The style was totally different and looked drab (see photo2)

I truly believe this company has professional photographs of pretty clothes and replicates very poor and cheap versions of them, knowing that it would cost far more for the customer to return the product than to keep it.

This company is a scam, disgraceful! They ignored my emails too!!!

This person wrote the review because of "bad quality, poor service, looked nothing remotely like advertised, smelled awful" of dress from Modlily and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $18 and wants Modlily to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was garment was not as advertsed. Author liked the most photographs of the products. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Modlily for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Modlily?

Comments

Pasadena, California, United States #1284084

Truthfully the dress you are wearing looks very similar, albeit in poor lighting.

Why not just dispute with your credit card?

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States #1062757

Yes they are scamming ppl and it's ashamed I spent well over 400 bucks and I received every item I order but each item was trashed the shirts were thin as *** my pants look like cheap material you sew together my purses were terrible and very cheap looking it's not worth ordering ANYTHING from Modlily and Wish they freaking sucks and they do not like to refund you your money back you have to go thru *** and hot water with them that's if you can get them on the phone. I hope they get closed down it's like they're a flee market online

Yes they replicate photos of clothes!I saw a bathing suit picture of a monifc.com bathing suit.

They copied it and sold "their version" for half the price.Scam!

Snellville, Georgia, United States #1017653

OK OK say no more I have an event this weekend but was skeptical to order given the different atmosphere of the models.Now after reading to reviews I refuse to order anything because I'm serious out my clothes shoes & money.

So modlily you've lost a customer for sure!

Thank you for the reviews.Next

I want to a refund on this dress it is nothing like the photo does anyone know how I can return this?

to Anonymous #1004954

Ive tried several times to email them for a return address and a refund but haven't got a reply. Mines still in the bag, Ive just excepted as a lesson to learn from (luckily not an overly expensive one.) Its more the disappointment that I felt when I saw it rather than the cost. Its just a bummer, spread the word about these rip off artists!

to Anonymous Henderson, Nevada, United States #1244100

Probably too late for you at this point, but for others coming here looking for answers, you can contact your CC company or Paypal and have your money refunded. Report as item not as described or as outright fraud. I've never purchased from this company myself but have seen 100's of complaints about them and lots of people get their money back...NOT from this company though, through their CC company.