Modlily - Cheap, nasty and nothing like the photo!!

967 of 1014 Modlily reviews

I ordered and paid for a dress from Modlily. I expected a silky/satin well made champagne coloured dress (see first photo). What actually arrived was a rough see through material that was the shade and texture of dark tan old ladies tights. Not only that it really smelled awful! The style was totally different and looked drab (see photo2)

I truly believe this company has professional photographs of pretty clothes and replicates very poor and cheap versions of them, knowing that it would cost far more for the customer to return the product than to keep it.

This company is a scam, disgraceful! They ignored my emails too!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • Photographs of the products
  • What I disliked
    • Garment was not as advertsed

Reason of review:
Bad quality, poor service, looked nothing remotely like advertised, smelled awful
Preferred solution:
Full refund
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Dress
Review category
Footwear and Clothing
review #656868 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Modlily? Submit review ›
Helpful? 32 Yes 32 7 No 7
Had the same issue 12 Yes 12
967 of 1014 Modlily reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Ronnie

Nov 12, 2015 #1062757 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Yes they are scamming ppl and it's ashamed I spent well over 400 bucks and I received every item I order but each item was trashed the shirts were thin as *** my pants look like cheap material you sew together my purses were terrible and very cheap looking it's not worth ordering ANYTHING from Modlily and Wish they freaking sucks and they do not like to refund you your money back you have to go thru *** and hot water with them that's if you can get them on the phone. I hope they get closed down it's like they're a flee market online

Aug 22, 2015 #1023402

Yes they replicate photos of clothes! I saw a bathing suit picture of a monifc.com bathing suit. They copied it and sold "their version" for half the price. Scam!

2 0 Reply

Aug 09, 2015 #1017653 Snellville, Georgia, United States

OK OK say no more I have an event this weekend but was skeptical to order given the different atmosphere of the models. Now after reading to reviews I refuse to order anything because I'm serious out my clothes shoes & money. So modlily you've lost a customer for sure! Thank you for the reviews. Next

6 0 Reply

Jul 07, 2015 #1004592

I want to a refund on this dress it is nothing like the photo does anyone know how I can return this?

Jul 08, 2015 #1004954

Ive tried several times to email them for a return address and a refund but haven't got a reply. Mines still in the bag, Ive just excepted as a lesson to learn from (luckily not an overly expensive one.) Its more the disappointment that I felt when I saw it rather than the cost. Its just a bummer, spread the word about these rip off artists!

1 0 Reply

Nov 21 #1244100 Henderson, Nevada, United States

Probably too late for you at this point, but for others coming here looking for answers, you can contact your CC company or Paypal and have your money refunded. Report as item not as described or as outright fraud. I've never purchased from this company myself but have seen 100's of complaints about them and lots of people get their money back...NOT from this company though, through their CC company.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Modlily. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Modlily.
Filing a new complaint about
×